Saturday, December 3, 2011

Agra, India

There was no doubt that I've heard of such a thing called the Taj Mahal. I was little and didn't care much of anything that was beyond Northbrook.

However, in 2008, that all changed. I was probably eleven when I saw Slumdog Millionaire with my brother and his friends. This movie is about a teen who grew up in the Slums and becomes a contestant on the Indian version of "who wants to become a millionaire?" However, he's arrested in suspicion of cheating because he was answering all of the questions right. Then, as he's being interrogated, events throughout his life appear, explaining why he got all the answers correct.

Photo Credit

Here's the Trailer :D (beware.. it's rated R)
Slumdog Millionaire


There is one scene where Jamal, the male protagonist, approaches the Taj Mahal. Even thought he went with his older brother with the intentions of stealing because they were poor, as he was exploring this white marble mausoleum, I was, too.

It was built by Mughal emperor of Shah Jahan, honoring his wife Mumtaz Mahal, who had died in child birth of their 14th child.

I would really like to visit the Taj Mahal and observe the beauty in real life. Even though its a mausoleum, it has also become a great tourist attraction.


1 comment:

  1. Slumdog Millionaire was one of my favorite movies. I love how it showed all of the flashbacks. I never understood why he was getting all of the answers right until they showed the flashbacks of his life. Another reason I liked this movie was because it was similar to the game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire, which is one of my favorite game shows. Why do you like the movie so much? At the end of the post you mentioned how you would like to visit the Taj Mahal. Although I know what the Taj Mahal is and where it is, I don't know much about it. In future posts, you might want to include some historical information about the place.

    ReplyDelete