Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Giza, Egpyt

In 7th grade, I distinctly remember a social studies unit where each student was assigned a great figure in the world. It was kind of like a research presentation, but 7th grade style. My topic was the Great Sphinx of Giza.

I've always thought that Egpyt was a mysterious place due to all the unique burials and rituals. The customs and traditions in Egpyt are so different from any other places. In the past, Kings and Queens were mummified and put into tombs. Then their tomb would be inside a pyramid. Also, the guts of the bodies were put inside little jars. There would also be rooms inside the pyramid housing extremely expensive treasures. Egypt is just kind of sketchy for me even though I "want" to visit.

I know that this post isn't much about the Great Sphinx, but these days I've been very busy because of an exhausting sport, so here's my post!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment